Alaskan Ownership Stake Part V: "Restoring Accountability to Alaskans"
Berkowitz Accountability Scorecard.pdf
What is Part V - Restoring Accountability?
It is how Alaskans will hold me accountable for each plan and proposal I have put forward during this campaign.
As Governor, I will provide reports to the public that will allow Alaskans to check the progress I have made on the proposals I have put forward during the campaign, as well as new initiatives that are created after I begin serving.
Additionally, "Restoring Accountability" will give the public tools to grade my performance.
This doesn't sound like a policy plan. Why is this part of the Ownership Stake?
This isn't a policy plan, but is a critical part of the Ownership Stake. The Stake is about giving Alaska back to Alaskans. The Governor works for the people and every Alaskan has the right to track the progress of the state's leader. Alaskans should also have the ability to offer feedback and grade the Governor's performance.
What kind of updates will be available?
In addition to the customary 'State of the State' address, as your Governor I would offer the following:
1. Access to the Governor - Regular access directly to me. Like all Governors, I will continue to have a spokesperson to work with the media when I am not available. However, unlike our acting Governor, I will be regularly available to the press personally to address our progress as a state.
2. Online reporting - An online report prepared by my office, covering progress on all aspects of the Alaskan Ownership Stake, plus additional issues and topics that of interest to Alaskans. New proposals would be added as they arise.
3. Monthly Updates - Monthly updates, emailed out and posted on the official website, that cover all aspects of the Alaskan Ownership Stake, plus additional issues and topics that of interest to Alaskans. New proposals would be added as they arise.
4. Robust Social Media Outreach - Regularly updated and substance oriented Facebook and Twitter content that will allow Alaskans who get their news "on the go" to remain informed and involved in the state's progress.
5. Scorecards for Alaskans to Grade My Performance - Scorecards that Alaskans may fill out and return, judging my performance and providing feedback. These will be made publicly available and will be used by me, my staff and key advisers to insure that every Alaskan can participate in the process.